• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact list linked to SMS?

I'm not sure what you mean by "link contacts to SMS".

If you mean allow your SMS app to access your contacts, that is necessary if you want messages to show you the name of the person sending them or to be able to send messages to people by name rather than by entering their phone number. If you mean something else, can you explain more clearly what that is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerome James
Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by "link contacts to SMS".

If you mean allow your SMS app to access your contacts, that necessary if you want messages to show you the name of the person sending them or to be able to send messages to people by name rather than by entering their phone number. If you mean something else, can you explain more clearly what that is?
My concern was that unstated data might be shared without my knowledge or other exploits. Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones