• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact names not showing up in messages

Lurker
Aug 11, 2011
I synced my contacts with facebook about a month ago and suddenly none of the names are showing up in messages, even the ones who dont have facebook aren't showing up. i also noticed the number of messages are showing up except it never showed that before. i tried removing facebook data and syncing again but it hasn't worked, all contacts are linked and are showing up fine in the people section. does anyone know how to fix this?
here is a screen shot of what it looks like
2011-08-11_16-01-29.jpg

Hi all, I am a new owner of a ChaCha and have found that I am experiencing the same problem :( Does anyone have a solution to this. I have done all the recommendations - unlinked everything, no facebook contacts, added a '+', deleted the '+' but nothing seems to work... Its extremely frustrating when you get a message (or want to reply to a message) but all you are faced with is a number!!! HELP PLEASE - I was SO looking forward to this phone but this is ruining it for me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones