1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

contact notification sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jetsfanccr, Jun 16, 2011.

1. jetsfanccr

jetsfanccr Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    i just got my evo shift so im still getting use to it. i had the pre since it came out and never had any problems with it. i switched cause im moving to a 4g coverage area and the webos market doesnt compare to android. here is the problem im having. i want to assign text message notification sounds for certain contacts and then have the default one i choose for everyone else. i think i have like maybe 12 people i give a unique text tone. with the pre i was able to download a patch and it just added that option to the phone so when i went to edit contacts instead of just a ringtone option there was also a notification tone option. first is there a way i can do that with the shift?

i also downloaded an app called custom sms tones. and it gives me the option to add a contact to the app and give them a notification tone. well now what happens is when they text me their tone rings and so does the default one for everyone else. so two rings go at once. i dont want to turn off the default on cause i want to hear something when i get text. and i also dont want to go through my whole contact list putting them in the custom sms tone app and turn off the default. can anyone help me? ive looked through the forums and cant find anything on this.

Advertisement

2. *SwEEt ChEEkS*

None

Jun 15, 2011
    I think i may have ran into that problem way back, uninstall your default sms and replace it with the other market app you downloaded.