1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Contact number display format

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by njukks, Mar 11, 2011.

1. njukks

njukks New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Hi guys,
    I just bought an ideos yesterday and so far i'm loving the phone. My query however is about how contact numbers are displayed. When you view a contacts number dashes ( - ) are inserted in the number for example
    072-212-3456 and I would just like them to be in this format 0722123456. Is there any setting I can change to effect this?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. loghmaniyan

loghmaniyan New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    If anyone know, it will be great to change the format. I want to know it too.
    Thanks.

3. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Porirua. New Zealand
    Hi guys, I've got 2 Ideos U8150 and a U8800 X5 and they all show the contact numbers in sequence - no dash separation. Operation in NZ.
    Maybe this is a quirk with Australian Telcos?
    I have both local contacts and Australian entered in all phones and have just returned from a holiday in Aus. on the Sunshine Coast.
    I had 1 U8150 and the U8800 X5 and used both without problem in Qld.
    I use 2Degrees here in NZ and the phones switch to Telstra and Optus when I'm on the Sunshine Coast. All I have to do is set the Time and Zone and I'm in business.
    I can only suggest you contact your Telco's and check with them as mine seem to be all normal. Cheers Neil.;)
    ps. Both U8150's have standard Froyo 2.2 and the U8800 X5 has Gingerbread 2.3.5 Update. (Huawei Std).
    I've checked the FAQ's Manual and there doesn't seem to be any answer there.:(