1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contact number labels.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LoveTheTech, Jun 16, 2019.

1. LoveTheTech

LoveTheTech Newbie

Hi all,
    When accessing a contact from messaging it shows all the numbers associated with that contact but does not show the type of number it is. Ex mobile, home, work and so on. They are all labeled in my contacts just doesn't show up when accessing through the texting app.
    Any suggestions on how to show labels?

thanks!

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Install a different text app. Every text app on my phone does this.
    And it's not an Android version thing either, it's your phone's default SMS app. Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung so don't know whether there's a setting for this, but to be honest I doubt it: why would anyone ever choose to turn it off?

marctronixx likes this.
  3. LoveTheTech

LoveTheTech Newbie

My other Note
    didn't do that. Pretty lame.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Sorry, but what's lame? Samsung changing their app this way? OK, I'll agree. Using a different app? Nope, the whole point of android is that you don't have to use whatever rubbish the manufacturer installs.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. LoveTheTech

LoveTheTech Newbie

Apparently when I was replying, the quote was populated while I was typing.
    I agree the native Samsung texting app is lame for not allowing us to see the labels associated with multiple phone numbers under a contact.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews