• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact numbers in US format. (UK)

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so please bear with me!

I recently rooted my T-Mobile G1 and everything worked fine on the 3 UK network until recently... now all my contacts are in the US layout format i.e 078-555-555 this has only happened since I accidently clicked sync but as there was nothing set up to sync with, I quickly cancelled the action.
I can't think of anything else that could have caused this, as I specifically followed the rooting process for UK handsets to prevent any of this. My keyboard is still the UK layout, just the call logs and and contacts that I add now are in the US format.

if anyone knows of a setting to alter this or a command line to enter in the terminal emulator to revert it back then I will be very grateful.

Thanks an advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones