1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contact Organizer with groups and subgroup capability placed in folders

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Davidmar, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Davidmar

Davidmar Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    I would like to know if there are any android contact organizing applications that would allow a person to organize contacts in groups, subgroups and groups within the subgroups by placing them in folders, similar to what can be done when you organize favorites in Microsoft's browser, "Internet Explorer". I'm the logistics manager for a mining company and I have the company's providers separated by physical location, department and speciality within a department, so as you can understand this would come in very handy because we have hundreds of providers serving diffirent needs for the company.

If an application such as this does not exist, is there anyone who could develope this application?

Advertisement

2. JoePhoto

JoePhoto Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I have the same need. I have several jobs and own several companies, and for each of those jobs/companies, I have future possible and probable prospects, active clients, past clients, and the same list with vendors.

I have friends and/or business-associates in several categories also, and some that I contact on a regular basis, and many just needed for reference on rare-occasion. So I would like to have each job or company, friends-associates, etc, in it's own group, and then then sub-groups under them.

Note that I would also like "groups" as a front-screen icon cause it seems slow to first select "phone", and then second, "contacts", before finally third reaching "groups" -- but hopefully then "sub" groups available under individual groups.

Surly we can't be the only ones with this need.