1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Contact photo's - where are they stored on the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cubist, May 2, 2012.

1. cubist

cubist Lurker
    None

May 2, 2012
    London
    Hi,

I have a photo stored against a contact of mine. THis used to be her fb profile picwhich had synced to my phone but she changed the profile pic on fb and as i didn't like the new one i saved the original one to my phone gallery and then set it manually as the contact photo unlinking her contact in my phonebook meant the locally stored photo showed instead of the facebook one. She is no longer on fb and accidentally i re-linked her contact to a different contact number for her and the photo dissapeared and now won't come back now i've unlinked the two contacts.
    I've since deleted this photo from my gallery.
    The strange thing is that if i go in and edit the contact i can still see the photo i want in the corner of the contact card. Yet when i go out of it and look at the contact in the main phone book i see nothing.

My question is where are these photo's stored? It must still be on the phone somewhere as i can still see it when i go to edit the contact but it isnt in my gallery. there must be somewhere in the phone's directories where i can get the photo from again?

Please help. Thanks.

Mark

Advertisement

2. Bazcabs

Bazcabs Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    you may find that it is synced with your gmail contacts and being stored up there

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    No there has to be a cache somewhere but I've never found it. Closest I came was finding an I'd reference. It's a lot of effort for little gain

Tags: