1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support contact pic update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FirebirdStud, Oct 5, 2010.

1. FirebirdStud

FirebirdStud Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Minnesota
    How does one update the facebook or twitter pic in the phone contacts? Several of my contacts have new facebook pics, but they are not refreshing on my phone. :(

Ive tried the menu button while in contacts, and I dont see a refresh button.

THANKS

Advertisement

2. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    I second this as I have been wondering the same thing and was just doing a search to try and find this answer myself.

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    download an app called "SyncMyPix" from the market...works exactly as you described you need.

daveku1, FirebirdStud and Kevmueller like this.
  4. Kevmueller

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    That works great. Thanks!!!

5. FirebirdStud

Sep 19, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Minnesota
    cool glad to know Kev got it to work, Ill give it a shot.

6. Kevmueller

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    OK so I thought this worked all the way, but it only did part of it. If I go to my dialer and hit the contact tab, the new pictures show up from using SyncMyPix. However if I go in to the Contacts application and look at them this way nothing has updated. I checked by group as well Facebook and Google and all the pictures are still the same ones as when they started.

I noticed in settings on SyncMyPix that it has an option for Allow Google Sync that is grayed out, does that have anything to do with this?

7. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    Mine just kind of does it on its own. Do you have the official FB app installed as well?

8. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I made sure the contact is named the same as the facebook name and then I linked them. This seems to work for me...:thinking:

9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I had to do this to fix what Kev is talking about. The names must match exactly how your facebook friends have set theirs up...hyphenated crap and all.:mad:

10. Kevmueller

Aug 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    I had the Facebook for Android app on my phone as well as Facebook set-up under my accounts. I went in and removed the account under my accounts and all of my pictures updated to the new Facebook pictures in all the contacts, the ones I added using SyncMyPix. However I lost all the contacts that I did not have on my Gmail account. I went in to the Facebook app and tried to find a way to use it to sync and could not, so I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and still no way to link this to the contacts or have it add my facebook contacts. So I went in to My Accounts and reset-up my facebook account and everyone now has updated pictures. I will have to wait and see what happens when someone updates their picture to see if it changes, or if I will have to delete facebook from My Accounts and readd it get the pictures updated.

11. FirebirdStud

Sep 19, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Minnesota
    I have my contacts linked, like on my phone, facebook, and twitter. They all updated from this app. Weird.

12. daveku1

daveku1 Member

Aug 31, 2010
    thx for recommending that app mxsjw! it did the job (partially anyways.. wouldnt uopdate 100% of my contacts though.. only about 40% of them for some weird reason) oh well, it at least updated the ones i needed it to l(luckily lol)