1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contact Picture Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdawg0024, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member

So I have all my contacts on my Hero synced with Google, however, when I take a Pic with my phone and save it to a Contact it does not go to Google. I recently had to put my phone back to stock (to take in for warranty) and when I synced all my contacts back I lost 1/2 of my contact pictures. (the other half I had changed while logged into my gmail account). Is there a setting that I am missing?

Edit: Just confirmed that the DROID will send the pictures to gmail when taken from phone and set as a contact picture. Is this an Android 2.0 feature?

2. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Possibly something new with 1.6 and up.

I have 2.1 loaded to play with, and the contact sync was definatly different. It wouldn't find my groups so I didn't want to force anything to mess it up.

3. jdawg0024

So if you take a pic, with your phone, and set it to a contact does it show up I'm gmail?

4. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Dont know, there isn't a 2.1 release for the Hero yet. The beta one doesn't seem to jive well with contact sync

5. jdawg0024

So Google is f*&^ing with me now. I took a pic of a co-worker and set it as their contact pic. I came home and logged on to gmail to set their contact pic via the computer, and the damn pic was already there, I guess now my phone is doing it we will see if it stays this way.

6. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm pretty new at this android / Google thing, too - but I've noticed that a lot of the sync things are instantaneous. It seems like it sometimes takes a while. Maybe it's because I was accustomed to the BB push feature, but I'm getting that I don't panic if I don't see an appointment that I entered on the phone show up on my Google or Outlook calendar immediately. I just check back later and there it is! :p

7. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Yea, just noticed that mine is synching both directions.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews