1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support contact pictures all fuzzy and blurry on evo4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaGoTTi, Jul 18, 2010.

1. DaGoTTi

DaGoTTi Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    i have read a few threads, but they arent saying the evo4g is having this problem. but mine is. i imported my contacts from my outlook and all the images are coming up blury when i receive calls and make them.

also, a lot of the images on my contacts arent even showing up on the phone, but i see them in the outlook actually it looks like the weemee images i was using when i had my iphone arent loading, but regular images are....

anyways, for the regular images from the outlook sync to the phone, is there a way to get them clearer?

Advertisement

2. DaGoTTi

Jul 16, 2010
  3. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

you have to resize them. i had this problem when i used a smaller pic for a contact. not sure the pixel size. choose a bigger picture.

4. DaGoTTi

Jul 16, 2010
    choose a bigger picture? the picture is already quite large. what is the recommended size?

5. Intel

Intel Member

Jul 9, 2010
    When you sync contacts with your gmail, google automatically resizes the photos to a smaller size.. That is why you see them come up blurry, there is a way around this but involves a decent amount of steps. I read a thread of the tutorial somewhere on XDA so check out around there to see if you can find it.

6. DaGoTTi

Jul 16, 2010
  7. DaGoTTi

Jul 16, 2010
    i redid the pictures on my phone with the method i wrote in the how to, and just now i went to my favorites page on the phone and the pictures went from clear to distorted. now all the pics are blurry again. they were clear for a few days and just now boom....whatsup with this? is there a bugs reporting tool for evo or the phone on a website or something? kinda annoying.

8. vivekcsekhar

vivekcsekhar New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi all,

I was experiencing the same problem with my facebook contact profile pics on my HTC Incredible S. That's when I noticed that one of my contacts had a clear profile pic. It was a friend of mine who had a Facebook for HTC Sense profile linked on my phone. Then I tried synchronizing all my contacts with Facebook for HTC Sense. N it seems to have solved the problem.

I am not sure if this solves the issue if you have chosen Google profile pics as the default in People.

Good Luck guys,
    Vivek

Rxpert83 likes this.
Tags: