• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Pictures Default to Google

Yes, this would work, but then they wouldn't be synced with Facebook, lol.

I don't want to lose any functionality, I just want the default picture to remain the Google picture and not change every time it syncs with Facebook.

I was still able to see updates and some info on facebook etc.... phone numbers and current picture no longer synced with that contact.

Upvote 0
Is there a fix for this that anyone knows about..? I too have an EVO, and I have the same issue...Or very similar...

If I have a contact on my phone that I also have on Google Voice, it uses the Google Voice picture no matter what...Even if I'm not making a call using Voice...When I delete the picture from Voice, it immediately uses the picture stored on my phone, which is what I want it to do anyway...

Obviously, one solution is to just not use contact pictures in my voice account, but I'd like to know how to fix this if at all possible...

-----------------------

This is what I did to fix it, after following links to a similar problem.

1. Select the contact you want to change the picture for.
2. Click Menu > Link
3. Scroll through and find the duplicate contact and add it.
4. Once you do that, your contact will now have two profiles under linked contacts.
5. Once you back out to the contact list, click Menu > Edit to change the picture to one that is on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones