• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact pictures not showing up in SMS app

mvh

Aug 20, 2010
I have an issue with my SMS app. i'm using the stock app, but the same thing happens with Go SMS.

I can see my facebook pics in my contact list, but not in my sms app. I tried reflashing my rom, full wipe, tried an app to sync pics....

Nothing changes. I asked on the Checkrom topic on XDA, but nobody could help.

Any ideas?

I had this exact problem and it was really bothering me. They seem to work with Handcent, I think, but just about nothing else.

It looks like it's not supposed to work and I'm not really sure what Handcent is doing to make them work.

The good news is that after much work I found a way to make this work! Bad news is that you must be rooted. If you're rooted take a look at this post: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...-facebook-contact-syncing-3rd-party-apps.html

If you're not rooted, either put up with it or use Handcent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones