1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contact primary action (wildfire)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by the whaff, Feb 7, 2011.

1. the whaff

the whaff Lurker

Has any one found a way of changing the primary action for their contacts? i.e. primary is send e-mail instead of send txt..... i've spent ages looking on web searchs and this site but can't find anything to help.

Its driving nuts!..... so far the only way around this is Not sync with facebook etc and re-enter contacts one by one and given technology is to make your life easy there must be a work around!!!

Can any one help???......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

long press on number you want to assign as primary, to bring up popup, one of the choices is to assign as primary number

3. the whaff

the whaff Lurker

ehp,

Thanks for getting back to me.......I've tried the long press, in fact to make sure I held it for 2mins and nothing happened.

Are you talking about the Wildfire??? if you are and this works for you then it must be my phone.....any other suggestions????

whaff

4. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

yup, talking about wildfire, when you have more than one phone number listed under a contact.

5. the whaff

the whaff Lurker

nothing happens, cheers anyway

6. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member

are there multiple numbers showing in contact details, for some reason this forum won't let me load screen shots to show you, but check out this link which has screenshots
    HTC Wildfire - Switch Contacts primary number
    it nutted me for ages, for me the issue was as soon as you link to facebook, fb becomes primary number, and for some reason the international + prefix was missing so you could not call or text that number.
    hope this helps:p

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews