• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Question

zardoz

Jun 4, 2010
My wife asked me for a mailing address for someone, so I handed over my phone and said, "look him up in my contacts" and went back to what I was doing. A couple minutes later she said she couldn't find it.

"Aha," I thought, "she doesn't know how to use the contact manager! I shall be Mr. Smarty and show her!"

Except I couldn't. When you go to look that up on the phone in the default People application I could see, "1234 NE Main, Sometow.." and it scrolled out of the field size. Clicking it just brought up the offer to show it to me on a map, which didn't help me with a zip code. The only way to see the rest of the address that I could find was to Edit the contact, open the address text field and use the cursor keys to get to the end.

Or look it up in Gmail -> Contacts later when I was near a pc, where I saw that Google Contacts has only one field for mailing address while the People application has regular zip, state, town, etc.

Is there a way around this, other than going through and entering the info again, but in the People Application? If so, then that contact info isn't syncing with Gmail and isn't backed up, right?

My wife asked me for a mailing address for someone, so I handed over my phone and said, "look him up in my contacts" and went back to what I was doing. A couple minutes later she said she couldn't find it.

"Aha," I thought, "she doesn't know how to use the contact manager! I shall be Mr. Smarty and show her!"

Except I couldn't. When you go to look that up on the phone in the default People application I could see, "1234 NE Main, Sometow.." and it scrolled out of the field size. Clicking it just brought up the offer to show it to me on a map, which didn't help me with a zip code. The only way to see the rest of the address that I could find was to Edit the contact, open the address text field and use the cursor keys to get to the end.

Or look it up in Gmail -> Contacts later when I was near a pc, where I saw that Google Contacts has only one field for mailing address while the People application has regular zip, state, town, etc.

Is there a way around this, other than going through and entering the info again, but in the People Application? If so, then that contact info isn't syncing with Gmail and isn't backed up, right?

Hmmm thats strange because I see my zips...but there is one that fades a little so I can see how this would happen. Well you could go ahead and bring up the address in google. then click on the address and you will see the full listing. Other then that Edit like you said to see it. Kind hope they fix some of the little issues like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones