1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Contact Quick List Email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mb46r5908, Feb 17, 2011.

1. mb46r5908

mb46r5908 Lurker

Hello. First post to this forum. I recently got a droid X. I added a contact quick list icon the the contact home page. After adding an email link I click on the contact email link and it takes me to a screen which says "cannot find any email accounts configured on this device" The screen then show the universal inbox, text message and twitter. How can I set this "default" emial account to be my g-mail account or get this feature to work with my gmail account?

Marc

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to the forums, mb46r5908. <--- How is that pronounced? :D Just kidding.

With apologies, your post is one of those I see from time to time that has me scratching my head and wondering what it is exactly that you're trying to accomplish.

The last sentence, "how can I set this "default" email account to be my g-mail account or get this feature to work with my gmail account?" is actually the answer to the rest of it, unless I'm not centering on your issue.

For example, I do not use the Gmail app, but have created my Gmail account in the stock Email app. I have a shortcut to each important contact on a special screen two screens over from the home screen.

Is that anything like what you're asking?