• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Quick Task photo

loomer

Android Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2010
New Jersey
I am having a problem with the contact quick task widget that you can set on your desktop. No matter what I do, I can not change the photo on there. I even have a different photo in my contacts book for that particular contact, however it is still holding on to this old facebook photo. It is not even the contact's default photo in Facebook anylonger.

Does anyone know how I can change it?

Little late...but I am having the exact same problem. Photo under contacts is updating along with facebook, but the Quick Task will not update. Even if I delete it and recreate it, the old photo persists.
Has anyone else seen this problem and found a fix for it? Right now my wife is a photo of Rainbow Brite from that week or so on facebook when everyone was changing to a cartoon character. I REALLY want that pic to change! :-D

I imagine the widget must cache a photo SOMEWHERE on the phone and when I recreate a widget it just finds an old cached photo of the same name and uses it. If that's so, I need a way to clear the cache periodically to get those things to update.
(Would really love an edit feature on those things too. The delete/recreate just to make a simple change is pretty annoying. But that's another topic.)

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I guess this is actually a thread about the Droid 2, but ever since the update to android 2.3.3 on my Droid X, the problem is fixed. The contacts all have the correct photo. Not sure how quick or how often it updates, but I checked a handful where I knew the photos had recently changed, and the photos were correct.

Hope Droid 2 gets the update soon if they haven't already!

Upvote 0
You know, I forgot that it was just affecting the quick tasks and not the contact list. Right now my quick tasks look right. But, it may have just refreshed them when I did the 2.3.3 update. The problem may still persist once one of these 4 people change their facebook photo. Can't tell yet.

But yes...it's a VERY annoying and stupid problem to have. Why in the world did they program it to get a photo from anywhere other than where the contact list gets a photo? Like I said before, it must be caching the photo somewhere. This is just dumb.

Fingers crossed that 2.3.3 fixed it. I'll post back here when I confirm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones