1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contact Quick Tasks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arparaspolo, Feb 18, 2011.

1. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

I have searched through the forums and have only found general info on the contact quick task(CQT) I have CQT's on my home screens I have one side set up for calls and one side for texts, at random they stop working and I have to reboot my phone to get them to work again. The normal CQT has their picture with their name underneath. When the CQT messes up the picture gets larger and covers their names and when I click on their CQT it brings me to their contact info as if I clicked their name in the contacts menu. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Does anyone know how to remedy this without having to reboot? Thanks

Advertisement

2. overbyc1

overbyc1 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Male
    Cable Guy
    East NC
    are you using Launcher Pro? I liked those widgets and they would always get messed up on Launcher Pro. Ive since moved on to Widgetsoid for my quick contact needs.

3. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Television Producer
    Virginia Beach
  4. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    North Richland Hills, TX
    I've had the same issue with both Launcher Pro Plus and Zeam Launcher. With LPP, I can initially establish a CQT but whenever I power the phone off/on, the tasks go away and the icon is just the picture as you say. With Zeam, I can't even create a CQT button. Not sure about other launchers, but I think CQT works the way it's supposed to only with the Motorola stock launcher. I just use Contact shortcuts on my home screens on the alternative launchers. Requires 2 button presses to dial, but works fine and you can fit more contacts on the homescreen.

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    I use the Quick Contacts app which lets you setup a direct dial or direct sms. With Go Launcher EX I have my dock swipe gestures set to direct dial or sms a few different people.