• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Quick Tasks

arparaspolo

Android Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2010
Covina, CA
www.youtube.com
I have searched through the forums and have only found general info on the contact quick task(CQT) I have CQT's on my home screens I have one side set up for calls and one side for texts, at random they stop working and I have to reboot my phone to get them to work again. The normal CQT has their picture with their name underneath. When the CQT messes up the picture gets larger and covers their names and when I click on their CQT it brings me to their contact info as if I clicked their name in the contacts menu. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Does anyone know how to remedy this without having to reboot? Thanks

I've had the same issue with both Launcher Pro Plus and Zeam Launcher. With LPP, I can initially establish a CQT but whenever I power the phone off/on, the tasks go away and the icon is just the picture as you say. With Zeam, I can't even create a CQT button. Not sure about other launchers, but I think CQT works the way it's supposed to only with the Motorola stock launcher. I just use Contact shortcuts on my home screens on the alternative launchers. Requires 2 button presses to dial, but works fine and you can fit more contacts on the homescreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones