1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contact Ringtone Always Displays DEFAULT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sonofjorel, Aug 16, 2011.

1. sonofjorel

sonofjorel Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Network Administrator, MCSE
    Long Island, NY
    I just purchased a Motorola DROID 3 in the beginning of August 2011. I am trying to change the ringtone for a specific contact. When I go into Contacts > [Select Contact] > Options, the ringtone says DEFAULT. When I select a different ringtone for the contact and hit OK it still says DEFAULT.

I went through all of my contacts with custom ringtones and they are all correct, they all have the custom ringtone that I selected. It seems it's only be happening to this one contact. There is nothing really different about this one contact. It was added to my phone bay Backup Assistant when I switched phones. It just has 2 numbers and an email address.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Advertisement

2. Coho1

Coho1 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I noticed the same thing when I started messing around with custom ringtones. I haven't yet figured out how to fix this issue yet though.

3. sonofjorel

sonofjorel Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Network Administrator, MCSE
    Long Island, NY
    I posted this same problem on the Verizon Android Community and the only advice I've gotten that worked is to write down the contact info, delete the contact and add it again. Doing this allowed me to select a custom ringtone for the contact. Not really a FIX to the problem but it worked.

4. Davidb4775

Davidb4775 Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    I found that I could edit existing contact ringtones by pulling up the contact (selecting it as though you are going to dial it), press the menu button (far left one) and select options. Ringtone is the first item. Pick a system or music ringtone. Your selection will then be displayed under "Current Ringtone".

5. Coho1

Coho1 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I've also noticed this, but only with some contacts. I haven't yet figured out why, but I'm hoping they fix it in the next update.