1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contact search views

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superman44, Apr 6, 2011.

1. superman44

superman44 Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Is there an android phone manufacturer that understands that with out business users successfuly using their phones as productive tools, business users will not invest in the products.
    Case in point!
    I have 2500 or so contacts in MS Outlook 2002, I sync physically with a cable to my T-Mobile HTC Dash. On Outlook and on my Dash I can find my contact by setting each and every contact into a set of categories (i.e. Drywallers, Painters, Electricians, Printers, Banks, Material Suppliers, Architects, etc.). I can search by category and select a category, and I can then view by Company Name or alphabetically by contact name. I always search by company name. So I then select a company withing that category, and my next window is the contacts alphabetically listed that are associated with the company I selected.
    This type of contact searchability is mandatory for business users. There are just to many contacts to remeber just by Alphabetically or by Company name alone. I have to have these three layers of selection when I am stumped and do not justknow their names outright.
    So here is the question. Why dont we have any options to select from in the newer phones? and Why hasnt the Google's, Yahoo's, Windows Live's, etc in this tech world figured this out yet?
    We the businss community are left high and dry and our old smart phone's that could perform these tasks with a cable connection are being phased out rapidly and we are heading to a complete Android solution but without simple and basic business applications.
    Does anyone have any viable solutions? Are there solutions with any of the web based platforms to do the same?

Advertisement

2. djeaux

djeaux Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Gulf Coast
    I hate to say this, because someone said it to me 3 days after I got my Android phone, but... You should have gotten a Blackberry if you wanted an "enterprise" phone. Android is targeted specifically at the demographic that trades phones every six to nine months and that considers Youtube to be the paragon of a "productivity app."

If Google is seriously thinking that Android is ready for the enterprise market, I want some of what they are smoking at Google.