• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Shortcuts

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I like how contact shortcuts are done in Android 2.1, where you click on the contact shortcut and a quick menu showing phone, contact card, SMS and email are shown. I also like how when you click one of those items, you get to choose, for example, Text Home or Text Mobile. What I seem to be noticing, though, is that if I check the box that says, "Do this action by default" or whatever it is, then it does things by default for all of those actions. For example, if I check that box when I select "Text Mobile," because, really, I'm never ever ever ever going to text someone at home, then I go and select the call icon, rather than asking me if I want to Call Home or Call Mobile, it just calls (in this case, mobile). Anyone know how I can straighten this out and have my "default" only affect the one action?

The problem tat I have is that it asks me to pick a default over and over again for toher apps. Like, for Twidroid, each time I select a pic, it asks me if I want to use TwitPic or Browser... I lecet Twitpic to be default, yet EVERYTIME it asks me the same thing... I don't generaly do it too often, so it's not relayl an issue... but yeah...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones