1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contact Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flu13, Jun 25, 2010.

1. flu13

flu13 Android Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2009
    I like how contact shortcuts are done in Android 2.1, where you click on the contact shortcut and a quick menu showing phone, contact card, SMS and email are shown. I also like how when you click one of those items, you get to choose, for example, Text Home or Text Mobile. What I seem to be noticing, though, is that if I check the box that says, "Do this action by default" or whatever it is, then it does things by default for all of those actions. For example, if I check that box when I select "Text Mobile," because, really, I'm never ever ever ever going to text someone at home, then I go and select the call icon, rather than asking me if I want to Call Home or Call Mobile, it just calls (in this case, mobile). Anyone know how I can straighten this out and have my "default" only affect the one action?

Advertisement

2. flu13

flu13 Android Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2009
    So it's just me, huh?

3. rmp152

rmp152 Member

Jun 9, 2010
    The problem tat I have is that it asks me to pick a default over and over again for toher apps. Like, for Twidroid, each time I select a pic, it asks me if I want to use TwitPic or Browser... I lecet Twitpic to be default, yet EVERYTIME it asks me the same thing... I don't generaly do it too often, so it's not relayl an issue... but yeah...