• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact shows up in google, but not Droid?

spectrrr

Nov 7, 2009
Boston, MA
Contact shows up in google, but not Droid?

"Le's Restaurant" has long been my local take out Vietnamese of choice. It was a contact right along side friends in my old phone. Now I migrated all the contacts to google, and into the droid... only problem is, "Le's Restaurant" is not there! It's in google, but not Android? Contact includes address, website, and number and is in the same groupings and place as my other friends.

Now I could delete it and make a new one. BUT what concerns me far more is the simple fact thats its not there, and I don't know WHY!?
It makes me wonder how many other contacts I DONT have any cause to look up very often and thus probably have not noticed their absense.....

I had a similar problem that I figured out but I don't know if it applies to your issue. I had about 5 contacts that were in google but not in my droid. After renaming contacts, deleting and re-entering, etc, they still didn't show up.

I finally figured out that the contacts that were not showing up were ones that had a phone or fax number that was identical to another contact. This seemed to set up a conflict for the droid and it would only accept one of them. Once I combined contacts and their info, things worked.

This problem seemed to primarily apply to contacts with only one number, and that one number conflicted. When I had two contacts, each with multiple numbers, but they had one copied number (like 2 people sharing one identical office or home line), they both still showed up in droid.

Upvote 0
This is F*ing scary.... droid is down to 307 contacts, from 310 a few days ago. Still 324 online...
banghead.gif

Upvote 0
Try this...

In your Contacts application on the droid,

1. select the "Display option"menu item,
2. select the appropriate contact source (probably your Google account) to expand the grouping choices
3. Ensure all items are check (uncheck any you don't want to see after troubleshooting)
4. See if your missing contacts are now visible.

Post back if this works.

Chris

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones