1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contact specific voice mail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by andrewau, Mar 21, 2011.

1. andrewau

andrewau Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Hi all,

Recently moved from iphone to a HTC desire. I am wondering if there is an app that will allow me to direct a particular contact to a custom voicemail/answering machine on a missed call. Basically I work for 2 companies. Company one I can use the voicemail through the phone provider. What i want is a on the phone voicemail for contacts in company 2. Any ideas, support, help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Not exactly what you're looking for but Google Voice can definitely do this.

Are you looking for an app that records these messages on your device? Are you aware of the pros and cons to that approach -- basically no voicemail if your device is unreachable for whatever reasons? If you don't want that issue then you're going to need something that uses a voicemail service (like Google Voice).

3. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 20, 2010
    YouMail give you pre-recorded messages for individual contacts or groups that you establish. You also have the option of creating your own greetings.
    I tried Google Voice & I couldn't get it to work for me. Maybe I wasn't doing something right but if it's that complicated I don't need it!

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus
    by YouMail, Inc
    >250,000 downloads, 7089 ratings (4.1 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

4. erwaso

erwaso Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    CO
    I had YouMail on my blackberry and i loved it. HVent put it in my Aria yet but i will once i change my number.

5. andrewau

andrewau Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I should have said I am in Australia. We don't have Google voice here and I can't load YouMail, it seems its a USA based service only.... oh well !