• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Syncing (HTC Sync related)

D

Deleted User

Coming from the WinMo world and trying to get my snyc set up again, but need some guidance from the Android experts.

I have multiple email accounts/systems, but like having one calendar and set of contacts in all places. After dealing with Exchange/ActiveSync duplication issues, I jumped to Google Apps for Domains for my primary account and came up with the following setup:

WinMo Phone <--> Wireless ActiveSync <--> Google Apps for Domains (GApps)

Outlook Contacts <--> ActiveSync to Phone <--> GApps
Outlook Calendar <--> Google Calendar Sync to Phone <--> GApps

This allowed me to avoid duplication issues while still allowing edits on any system to properly sync.

I tried to do the same thing with the Incredible using HTC Sync for contacts, but it seems to sync with a "Phone" list on the Incredible rather than properly identifying existing GApps contacts. This means that changes to Outlook contacts never make it to GApps and vice versa.

Is there any way to make this work using HTC Sync or do I need to stop syncing the phone w/Outlook and try a program like gSyncit to sync Outlook contacts and calendar (not mail) directly w/GApps?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones