• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact with extension number dialing HELP!

jeweld

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
I am a business user that has been a Blackberry user. Recently moved the to Samsung Fascinate. Love a lot about it but noticed that the contacts that have phone numbers followed by an extension the Fascinate lumps all of these numbers together rather than dialing the 10 digits and asking me if I want to dial the extension. Thus the call does not even go through because the 16 or more digit number now is not recognized as a valid phone number. Does anyone have a work around with an app or a new release? HELP:(

First, welcome. I didn't have the answer so I had to search to find it, so your not alone. I typically don't read the manuals. Thats what google is for right!

From Page 37 in the manual​

1. From a Home screen, touch Phone.

2. Touch the digits of the telephone or speed dial number on the Dialer keypad. While dialing, use​

these options:
• Touch Menu ➔ Add to Contacts to add the number you entered to a new contact,or to update an existing contact.​

• Touch Menu ➔ Speed dial setting to dial or set Speed Dials.
• Touch Menu ➔ Add 2 sec pause to insert a 2-second pause in the telephone number.​

• Touch Menu ➔ Add wait to insert a Wait pause in the telephone number, to pause dialing to wait for input from you.
3. Touch to place the call.​

I'd assume you can add a wait or pause to meet your needs. Hope this helps.

Samsung Fascinate Manual

Upvote 0
Okay, here is how I did it with my 4G Fascinate:

1) Go to contacts and either add a contact, or edit the contact number you wish to put an extension on. The screen will change to the numbers screen (123456789, etc.)

2) Once you are ready to enter the extension, click on the ?#+ button next to the 9.

3)You will see a Pause and Wait key. The Pause Key will put in a comma....I used two commas, then added my 3 digit extension.

This worked well for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones