1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contacts and notes lost when transferring from Galaxy Note to S7

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by seanof30306, Mar 29, 2016.

1. seanof30306

seanof30306 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Tulsa, OK
    My brother went to T-Mobile yesterday and swapped his Note 5 for an S7.

The guy at the store transferred his data for him "over the internet" (whatever that means). My brother is a genius mechanic, but isn't very computer, or phone savvy, so that's all the information I've got.

After the transfer was completed, the guy handed my brother his phone, and said he was good to go.

The problem is, all of his thousands of contacts were lost, as were all of his notes. It's critical data.

The T-Mobile guy had wiped the old phone already, and he said there was nothing to do.

My brother talked to the store manager, and called customer support, but both told him there was nothing to be done.

Is that correct?

I was wondering if there's any way to recover the data on the old phone.

I'm betting the contacts are synced with his gmail account. I know mine do with mine; virtually instantly. He hasn't been able to get into his gmail today to chec that. Every time he tries to sign in, it tells him the password he's inputting is wrong. That's solvable; I'm not overly concerned with that.

I'm also wondering if the Samsung app that took all the notes on his Note 5 syncs with his Google account the way Google Keep syncs with my Google account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement