• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts and Primary numbers

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I use a widget to dial my favorite contacts. It automatically dials the "Primary number" I have set for each one. My problem is when a call comes in for a contact on a number listed that isn't the primary, my phone resets the incoming number as primary. For example: I have a restaurant contact with a Main, landline number (Primary) and a second number (Mobile) that the owner uses. If the restaurant owner calls me from her mobile phone, my phone changes the Primary number from the landline to her ,Mobile. If I'm not aware, I make embarrassing calls. I once called the owner of the Japanese Restaurant when she went home to Japan on vacation. Is there any way to keep this from happening so I can still use a widget.
Thanks in advance,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones