• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts Blast - (Screenshots!) New Full Featured Contact Manager / Dialer

hello guys, it's a nice idea to provide an alternative Contacts manager, honestly there are things to be done, like for example showing the Image of the contact.
BUT, in my humble opinion, I think you should work better on your ICONS, they look way simple / unattractive. I haven't tried the application so i can judge it for things like functionality etc, but for the graphics part.. it's a nono :/

PS: are you looking to collaborate with people?

Upvote 0
Can you organize your contacts by name of company? Seems like everything I look at for an Android is by first or last name only. This is frustrating as I have been using Iambic's Agendas for years and it is absolutely terrific. I can sort by category (customer, contractor, family, friends, etc.) and then within those categories by customer, not by their name. Can you help?

Upvote 0
Is this truly a stand-alone app, or is it taking data from the built in app and re-formatting it. I ask because I'm using a "rooted" Nook, and have not been able to sync my contact data to the device yet, although I've had no problem with email. My contacts are in an Exchange account. The built-in contacts app on this device isn't the same, at least in appearance, as the one on, for example, a DROID. I need some sort of decent contacts app I can sync to.

This looks a lot like a product that used to be out for Blackberry or Windows MObile, I cannot remember which.

Upvote 0
I should say, I just installed Komodo Beta on my rooted Nook, and it worked like a champ. All my Exchange contacts appeared immediately! Nothing else has worked at all. So, could I expect Contacts Blast to work similarly? It certainly is a nicer and more sophisticated interface. Unfortunately, I have to pay to find out, so I'm trying to ask first.

Upvote 0
Contacts Blast
1.png

Hey everyone. I've been a member of Android Forums for awhile now although I haven't posted much recently. This is Matt from Droidmatic -- a small startup of a few guys that want to make great Android apps. We recently released our first app, Contacts Blast, which can act as a full feature replacement for the built in contacts manager / dialer. We even integrate with the "dial" button from the home screen and can easily be turned into the default app.

I wanted to share our feature list with everyone as well as some screenshots. Nearly every change since the 1.0 release (we are at version 1.4 right now) has been inspired by the feedback we are receiving from our users.

Contacts Blast is currently available in the Android Market (just search for Contacts Blast, or look for us under the Applications -> Communication section).

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome! Unlike the market feedback which is only 1 way, we love discussing ideas with people who email us and hope to get a good dialog going on the forums.

Contacts Blast

Contacts Blast is the revolutionary and fun new way of organizing your contacts. Contacts Blast seamlessly integrates with the Android contacts book and extends it allowing you to create groups and assign contacts to them. Quickly selecting your group from the main screen will display only the contacts for that group.

Contacts Blast features a visually stunning display to showcase your contacts with pictures and contact information. Touch the picture and it will dial the default phone number, touch a specific phone number to dial, SMS, or email. All of your groups and contacts can automatically synch with your GMail account and will exist even if you uninstall the program. Contacts Blast supports both landscape and portrait view along with lots of beautiful icons for you to use with your custom groups.
Have a blast organizing your contacts!

Key features include:
* NEW: SMS Blast - easily send a text message to an entire group of contacts
* NEW: Email Blast - easily send an email to an entire group
* NEW: List view - you can set Contacts Blast to use either the original Icon view or the new List view. You can configure whether you want icons or the list individually for landscape and portrait mode in your preferences screen. By default Contacts Blast will use list view when in portrait mode, and icon view when in landscape mode
* NEW: Custom Background: You can select whether you want to use your main phone desktop background as your Contacts Blast background OR use the new color wheel color picker to set the background to a solid color (black looks great)
* Contacts Blast easily becomes your default contacts app. Activate Contacts Blast automatically from the Android desktop with use of the green "Call" button and you will be able to choose between Contacts Blast or the default dialer. No extra work necessary. Easily reverts back to default behavior whenever you want.
* Super high performance. Every aspect of the app has been highly optimized since the initial release and provides a smooth, consistent user experience whether scrolling through huge lists of contacts or browsing through your groups.
* Configure exactly what buttons you want to be displayed on your main screen in the preferences menu. SMS, Email and Edit Contact can now be turned on or off to your liking.
* Speed Dial your contacts with the new speed dial screen. Every group supports the speed dial screen which can be activated with a single touch.
* Intelligent contact searching. Tap the search button or simply start typing and Contacts Blast will rapidly narrow down the list of contacts that match what you are typing. A single click will automatically select the contact you want. Search is very intelligent and will narrow down your results in real time as you type.
* Sleek high quality and high performance graphics and icons.
* Stylish and colorful user interface that shows off the power of your Android smart phone better than the default black and white contacts manager / dialer.
* All standard phone features including touchpad dialer and call log.
* Assign pictures to your contacts and slide through contacts by face and name.
* Screen automatically rotates when the phone is turned or keyboard opened.
* Voice Mail button for one touch voice mail dialing.
* Create new groups and assign them contacts on your phone!
* Full group management right from your phone: Add new groups, Edit groups, Delete groups.
* Personalize your groups by assigning each one a custom icon.
* Add, edit, or remove any contact or group any time. ALL changes on your phone automatically sync with GMail.
* Switch between groups or view all of your contacts at once.
* Perform most tasks in a single click on the main contact screen.
* Click and hold a contact picture in the list to automatically speed dial their default number.
* Full support for standard Android groups such as Recent calls, Favorites, and All Contacts
* Scrolling interface neatly displays all phone numbers per user.
* Have a contact with multiple email addresses or SMS numbers? No problem! Contacts Blast makes messaging easy.
* Send SMS text messages or email in a single click.
* See your current Android background transparently behind Contacts Blast.
* Fully supports GMail "their picture" feature for your contacts.

Screenshots
1.png

Main Screen - Icon View (portrait)

10.png

Main Screen Icon View (landscape)

1.png

Main Screen List View (portrait)

13.png

Menu

6.png

Group Selection

4.png

Group Editor

5.png

Group Editor (give your group a custom icon)

8.png

Contact Search

9.png

Contact Search (real time results while typing)

21.png

Pressing the Dial button from the home screen

14.png

Extra menu options

3.png

SMS and Email Blast options

7.png
9.png

Color Picker Wheel and Solid Background Color

4.png
11.png

5.png

New Options
Hi there. the lastoutlaw here. My phone is a HTC EVO 4G. running Gingerbread 2.3.3. I purchased Contacts Blast on June 26, 2011. Every time I use the search function and long press the contact I was search for the screen goes black and when I hit any button I get Sorry! The application Contacts Blast (the process droidmatic.android.contactsblast) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again! I sent an email to you through the Market on July 4th and still have received no reply! Really sucks having to pay for a "defective" app and then not getting a reply to a request for help!
My email is the lastoutlaw13@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Questions before i download:

1) The challenge with my existing Contacts (Samsung Note) , I keep a log of important details regarding the contact, sometimes more than 2000 characters in the "note" section. Google accommodates the long notes, but not most contact programs.

a) Please tell me if Contact Blase will accommodate my needs, can you also suggest a Calendar Please?

2) Looking for a calendar which will sync all past events as well as current and future. (standard calendars i.e. the one that came with my Samsung Note only shows current and future events. (I have events back to 1998 I would like to keep in my calendar i.e. hotels I have visited around the world, Clients & guests who attended meetings etc)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones