• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts confusion (I'm confused, not my contacts!)

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Got my new Droid X yesterday and I'm in love! I'm trying to make sense of how the contacts app syncs to gmail. If I select any of the display groups, I get only a few of my contact names -- even when I select all contacts. It seems to be adding only those I have selected so far on the phone (or perhaps those under "My contacts" in gmail. But if I do a search within contacts, I get all of the names I have in my gmail contacts.

Two questions: Is there a way to list all of the names without having to go through the search menu first? And is it possible to get the various groups so i can view just those in my "Sunday School" group, for instance? I know I could just add the names on the phone, but that sure would be a headache with almost 300 names.

Yes, same problem here in Vietnam with new Milestone. I can get gmail contacts to show in contacts list on Milestone after snyc, but if I add new contacts directly into the milestone, they are NOT on the contacts list, and yet if I search the contacts list, I can find them.
My question is: how can I get all contacts displayed in the contacts list, ie: both my gmail contacts AND all new contacts I enter directly into the phone ??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones