• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts disappear and reappear at random

megandy

Lurker
Jul 16, 2011
The title pretty much sums it up. I have all my contacts synced through my gmail account (and also have an additional backup through funambol). About once a week, my phone decides that I have no saved contacts, nor does it have any record of calls. Then, at random, my saved contacts reappear. The time for them to reappear varies, but it can be up to 48 hours. There does not appear to be any triggering event/action that I am aware of. It is just frustrating because I never know when I'll have my contacts list. So, I need your help in figuring out if it is a bug with anything I have installed on my phone, or perhaps there is a triggering event/action that I am not aware of but could alter it if I were aware, or perhaps some other way of fixing this frustrating problem.

My phone specs:
Droid Incredible
Rooted OS, Cyanogenmod
Go Launcher EX
Go Contacts, Go Contacts EX (both) installed
Gmail account sync activated
Funambol account sync not activated

Let me know what other information would be helpful to know in diagnosing this problem.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

My funambol app is frozen (using Titanium Backup Rooted Pro). Would that make a difference?

Or are you referring to the Go Contacts & Go Contacts EX?

Last night I did some troubleshooting by freezing Go Contacts & Go Contacts EX both separately and together, and it made no difference in the reappearance of my contacts.

p.s.- my contacts have reappeared this afternoon, all of a sudden.

It seems to be happening on a weekly basis. I wonder if it has something to do with a virus/malware scan, or a backup procedure, that I have scheduled somewhere on my phone.... hmmm....

Upvote 0
I'm having issues that are similar. My go launcher bar just looses the icons and I have to customize them. I have a similar configuration. I have a LG phone that is rooted with titanium backup. I have go contacts and ex. One other issue that I have is when I do a sms all the program checks off all the home phone #'s and not the mobile #'s.

I am using google contacts to put in the contacts. I'm assuming that the go software is the culprit.:(

Upvote 0
I'm having issues that are similar. My go launcher bar just looses the icons and I have to customize them. I have a similar configuration. I have a LG phone that is rooted with titanium backup. I have go contacts and ex. One other issue that I have is when I do a sms all the program checks off all the home phone #'s and not the mobile #'s.

I am using google contacts to put in the contacts. I'm assuming that the go software is the culprit.:(

i found that whenever Titanium backup ran (weekly) my contacts would not appear until Google sync ran (these happened about 3 or 4 days apart from one another). My solution at first was to reboot my phone and for whatever reason that would trigger Google sync to run. But after I uninstalled go contacts and had only go contacts ex as my contacts manager, the problem ceased all together. So i would suggest uninstalling (or even freezing in titanium backup if you arent ready to uninstall) to fix the problem. i hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones