• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Disappeared?

mlmertes

Lurker
Feb 22, 2010
Okay, I bought my fionce a samsung moment. She loved it, touch screen keyboard. Well i've taken her to the first step of up to date phones and this darn thing is frustrating! I'm pretty smart when it comes to phones and computers...but wow. It was overwhelming just for me, so imagine how she feels!

We just got her the phone yesterday and got it working, but I had to do a factory restore with sprint to get google going. The guy was really cool and helpful.

So this morning I got a text after she took the girls to school and she was heading to work that all her contacts we're gone. I've read on other posts to put all other contacts checked and it should be fine. So hopefully it works. Is there a way to save contacts to the mirco SD card at all? I'm just trying to look for better solutions. I see a lot of the same problems on here that I'm having. I don't know where to start. I've dabbed around with linux (mainly ubuntu) but that was 4 years ago and my linux memory has fried. Rooting her phone my be dangerous for me to do.

I just want this thing to work right for her so she stops asking me every five seconds and getting peeved cause i don't know the answer...lol

Thanks for your time guys.

Matt Mertes

Okay, I bought my fionce a samsung moment. She loved it, touch screen keyboard. Well i've taken her to the first step of up to date phones and this darn thing is frustrating! I'm pretty smart when it comes to phones and computers...but wow. It was overwhelming just for me, so imagine how she feels!

We just got her the phone yesterday and got it working, but I had to do a factory restore with sprint to get google going. The guy was really cool and helpful.

So this morning I got a text after she took the girls to school and she was heading to work that all her contacts we're gone. I've read on other posts to put all other contacts checked and it should be fine. So hopefully it works. Is there a way to save contacts to the mirco SD card at all? I'm just trying to look for better solutions. I see a lot of the same problems on here that I'm having. I don't know where to start. I've dabbed around with linux (mainly ubuntu) but that was 4 years ago and my linux memory has fried. Rooting her phone my be dangerous for me to do.

I just want this thing to work right for her so she stops asking me every five seconds and getting peeved cause i don't know the answer...lol

Thanks for your time guys.

Matt Mertes

the easiest way to get contacts onto the phone is edit them through gmail or exchange... then sync those to the phone and your contacts should appear. when you're in contacts, hit menu > edit sync groups - and it should show you where things are syncing.

check to see what's syncing and such... you can import your contacts into gmail through a csv file. not sure if that helps or not... i originally had to backup all my contacts, erase all my contacts from gmail, sync it to erase all my contacts, install the backup'd contacts, and resync and got all the contacts that i wanted onto my phone...

hope that helps a little.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones