• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Disappearing

louballs

Nov 17, 2008
Hi,

I just received cupcake on the 1st and never did any mods to my phone before hand. However, all my favorites are now missing from my contacts and certain people just disappeared off of my phone. Why is this happening?? How can i prevent it?? Thanks!

Lou

Hi,

I just received cupcake on the 1st and never did any mods to my phone before hand. However, all my favorites are now missing from my contacts and certain people just disappeared off of my phone. Why is this happening?? How can i prevent it?? Thanks!

Lou

Recommend using backup app named MyBackup Pro, Will backup apps and all data, settings, contacts, sms, mms, etc...

I lost all my contacts during OTA ... and that sync'd with my GMail account and deleted all my contacts from GMail ... Luckily I restored my contacts from a backup on the phone ....

I would also recommend that you export all your contacts from your GMail account to protect them from inadvertent deletion by a sync gone awry ...

Upvote 0
Recommend using backup app named MyBackup Pro, Will backup apps and all data, settings, contacts, sms, mms, etc...

I lost all my contacts during OTA ... and that sync'd with my GMail account and deleted all my contacts from GMail ... Luckily I restored my contacts from a backup on the phone ....

I would also recommend that you export all your contacts from your GMail account to protect them from inadvertent deletion by a sync gone awry ...

Thanks, i just downloaded it and am backing up now. I think my phone tried to sync my gmail contacts with my phone, even though i have it unchecked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones