1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General contacts dont load in messaging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mssvickii, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mssvickii

mssvickii New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    i cant load any contacts while trying to send a text (i can but it takes FOREVER!!!like over a minute or 2) say im trying to text "tammie" i will type in "t" and it will load everyone and their mothers names that have a "t" anywhere in their name, then take a minute or 2 to FINALLY find "tammie"...and half the time i find "tammie" it will close out as soon as i tap the name.. even if i go into people/contacts, and try to send a text that way it takes forever their info to load to get into message them. the fastest way is to scroll through all of my old text messages and hopefully i have text that person before..any ideas whats going on?
    i cleared my web history, cookies ect..tried deleting photos and videos, and deleted all of my old texts, thinking i was somehow short on memory, even though i have a ton left...

Advertisement

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
  3. h20skiracer

h20skiracer New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I've had the same problem since I updated my Eris last week to 2.1. AND I have the 50% bug too. Big Red is sending me a refurb replacement... We'll see how that goes. From hearing what numerous other people have to say, I'm still in for a POS replacement. Bummer because I like the 2.1 features, but hate my phone now. It worked jsut fine for me before the update...

If anyone find a way to fix this please let me know. I don't like Chomp or Handcent (I know most people will think I'm crazy), but the stock messaging app works just fine for me...