1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts driving me nuts!!! Please help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by martins00, Sep 20, 2011.

1. martins00

martins00 Lurker

I have spent hours trying to get my contacts to just work correctly. I have Googled, I have looked in this forum. I have no solution yet.

I have contacts of my Lotus Notes synced using Lotus Traveler. I turned off displaying Google contacts because of even more issues.

Here are my problems;

1. Similar Names - Jimmy Smith and Jim Smith get AUTOMERGED even though they are different people. I can not find the UNMERGE anywhere. Workaround - Add Jr and Sr to suffix.

2. Similar Numbers - Steve and Bill with the same work # get AUTO MERGED. Can not UNMERGE them either. Workaround - delete the work number for one of them.

3. FACEBOOK contacts. Some are auto displayed in CONTACTS, now some are not.

I have about 800 contacts and I used them constantly. Having to manually do all these workarounds is a REAL PAIN IN THE BUT!!!!!!

My 1st Droid after being a Blackberry lifer. I love my DROID except for CONTACTS!!!

Advertisement

2. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie

if you click edit on a contact then hit the menu button there should be a split button

3. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast

for the facebook contacts do you have the sync off? Try turning it on if you want the contacts and off if you don't. As for the other problems you could try GO Contacts it might be better. I'm not sure though.

4. martins00

martins00 Lurker

Split button not there for me when there are AUTOMERGES.

I think the problems are stemming from the use of Lotus Traveler. It sync's my Lotus Notes corporate contacts to my Droid.

I tried using Go Contacts and it made things even worse. It does not even recognize my Lotus Traveler account and I have no way to add it. So when I create a new contact on my Droid the only option I have is to enter it to PHONE contacts or GMAIL contacts. Well guess what, it then does not sync back to Lotus Contacts. URGHHH.

I always took contacts for granted on my Blackberry. They always worked and had great Keyword search capability. Now they stay screwed up and I can't even search for a contact by company keyword like I used to.

5. fytos

fytos Lurker

No is not. Not a lotus problem.
    I have the same problem with merges.
    The MyPhoneExplorer program that I use for android backups and calling/sms shows the records individually but this stupid feature WITHOUT asking merged my contacts just because I might have the uncles and cousins home number the same!! So one of the contacts disappears!!!
    If you find anything let me know guys!!

6. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

Try this to separate your contacts,
    app drawer>contacts>contact wanting to unmerge>menu>edit contact>menu>separate

As for facebook, there should be a checkable box that you can uncheck for syncing your FB contacts. Not sure though as I don't have FB synced to my phone.

I hope any of this helps