• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts & facebook updates issue

jimeller

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2009
East Riding
When i use the "people" application and click on updates via facebook i get a list of the latest updates and events from my facebook friends. Thats great IMO, but do i really need to know birthdays of people who i hardly know??

Ive tried to reconfigure all my contacts so their birthdays do not appear in my events list, but they keep on returning....

Is there a way of turning this off completely, as i dont send many birthday cards out...........:cool:

Had a play around and discovered that this problem occurs when you turn off the phone and back on again.
I edited the contacts not to include birthdays in the events box, then turned off the phone. when i turned it on again and checked the updates in my contacts list, peoples birthdays were included again. grrr!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones