1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Contacts force close and Ti Backup not restoring

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WarMonkey, Sep 13, 2011.

1. WarMonkey

WarMonkey Lurker

Short story, I have been using Ti Backup Pro to backup and then un-install apps. I know that there is some danger to this but figured that with a backup of the file there wouldn't be a problem. Well I was wrong. I now can't access my contacts list and Ti Backup will not restore the files.

I can voice dial, but it would be nice to see the other info that I have on my contacts.

Any ideas?

2. theSADman1

theSADman1 Lurker

Same here... You are going to have to do a full re-flash to factory and restore your apps from there with Ti Backup (I'm in the process of that now). Clockwork wipe and restore won't bring the apps back, just the OS and ROM and for some reason, Ti Backup will not restore or re-install the culprit apps (not sure which ones, but it has to be one of the social networking or Yahoo contacts). I realize now that I should have "frozen and un-frozen" each app with Ti one at a time and then go back and check if my contacts force close. Time consuming, but not difficult. Hope this helps...

3. tcd1014

tcd1014 Newbie

Check Corp Sync Authenticator. I froze it and was getting FC's. Defrosted it and now contacts are fine.

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

It's probably your yahoo contacts that you deleted.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews