• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Contacts gone after flashing to SS 4.5

androidnewby

Nov 5, 2009
I performed a backup prior to flashing back to the SS 4.5 and have used the ROM before however I have no idea why my contacts aren't coming back up at all. My SD card is in the droid, and I know the contacts file is there just fine, but is almost as if it just isn't being seen, so none of my fb contact info will sync naturally because it doesn't see any contact info to sync to. Any ideas on how to get the contacts back up? The only other change I made was I changed to a 1.1 GHz LV kernal since the 1.0 was giving me problems...

Contacts are not pulled from your SD Card. They are sync'ed with your GMail account. Make sure that you have sync turned on for your Google account, then once your contacts load to the phone, make sure you also have sync on in your Facebook settings so it matches them up with your Google contacts.

You did login to the phone initially with the same GMail account as you used before, correct?

Upvote 0
actually they are imported through the sd card with the froyo build...I was able to get them in through the import option under contacts then reset the facebook sync, however the picture sync with my facebook contactas is still not quite matching up so will have to figure that one out.

My fault then. I was unaware that there was an SD import feature. If it's not working properly, you still should be able to sync them normally through GMail. Usually you have to give the Facebook sync a little while to match everything up. It's always taken some time on my phone.

Upvote 0
maybe I didn't wipe enough....will go back and wipe again. I was on SS 4.5 then flashed to FRG01B Odexed and decided I liked the look and feel of the SS 4.5 better so wiped and flashed back, but maybe I needed to wipe 2 or 3 times??

I dunno about wiping more than once..some vouche for it but IMO once is enough. Try booting into clockwork recovery (make sure the ROM is on your sd card) and wipe boot/system/data/cache in the partitions menu. Then back out and install the ROM.

Whenever something seemed screwed up wiping all four would normally do the trick, so now I just wipe everything before every install.

Reactions: androidnewby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones