• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Hell

newdamage

Lurker
Jul 17, 2011
Sup? First post and I'm sure this has cropped up plenty of times, so I apologise for that, and I'm sure this is not a problem pertaining to simply the Desire S, but probably all HTC Sense phones (and dare I say it all Androids).

Anyway, I've had the Desire S since release in early April. I adore it, but contacts is a nightmare. I've deleted contacts and resynced several times already. But recently I changed my Google addess from Googlemail to gmail, so last night I reset my phone to factory settings.

Before syncing my phone to Google, Facebook etc., I added in everyone's numbers manually, setting them all as 'Phone' entries.

Click someone's face in People and up pops my options to call/text/view etc. Perfect. But when I start adding FB/Google/Skype etc. is when things get messy.

Take for example my friend Steve who's number I have stored on my phone. I link up his Facebook, Skype & Google and then click his face. Now I get to call, text, view, website (Google+) and his gTalk. Where's his Facebook & Skype?

Take Dave as another example: I also have his number in my phone, but I've not linked his FB/Skype accounts yet. I click the face on the FB/Skype account and I have the FB/Skype options available to me. But the second I link them all up, they're gone.

It makes no sense to me. If I link up Scott's Facebook & Twitter, and I don't have his number, then click his face, I can do both still.

It's really aggravating how I lose the privilidge to Skype/Facebook someone once they're synced up to the phone account. Besides that, all Skype contacts have an empty email option that is then added to the linked account. Plus, only a couple of people bring up the gTalk option.

Does anyone know how to sort these problems?

Cheers.

I am having a similar nightmare - and I would love to know what is the most appropriate option for all of this. My problems relate to contacts just suddenly appearing in my contact list, from where I don't know. And for some reason, the names and faces are not syncing with the message icon - it is like messages are not linking to contacts. I just have no idea what is the go - and what is with the double up between Facebook and Facebook HTC??? If you link both of these services under a contact, you get double the status update for the person - but if you just link one, you either miss one piece of information.....

Can some veterns PLEASE give advice on how to set these bloody phones up to avoid such trouble....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones