• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts - how do u organize them?

liquidmonkey

Jun 18, 2010
first, i'm not big into the whole syncing my FACEBOOK contacts to my phone as it just creates a whole bunch of contacts that i don't want.

and i really don't like the way android does contacts :(

do you keep the contacts on your phone or sim card? i noticed my sim gets full but the phone does not. and the sim can't use foreign characters such as

All my contacts are Gmail, linked to my Gmail account. This means they are backed up, stored and available for editing both on my phone and online through my PC. Any problems with the phone or if I need to get a replacement, I just sign in to Gmail again and all my contacts and calender info get pulled off the web.

The link is, for example, if you have a contact on your SIM and another contact on your phone that has the same name. If you link them together, you get one contact with the combined info from both.

If ALL your contacts are either SIM, Gmail or Phone, then you won't get multiple entries for a single contact.

Upvote 0
All my contacts are Gmail, linked to my Gmail account. This means they are backed up, stored and available for editing both on my phone and online through my PC. Any problems with the phone or if I need to get a replacement, I just sign in to Gmail again and all my contacts and calender info get pulled off the web.

+1 for this
Just use Google contacts, after-all its a Google OS so its bound to be biased to that. It's easy and you dont need to worry about losing them I have no SIM contacts and only a few phone contacts as a workaround to the poor contact pictures problem. If you move away from Androids at any point you can back them up onto your SIM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones