1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contacts I Know I Have Not In Contacts App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhbuckley, Feb 19, 2011.

1. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Hello and tia...

So I have a contact named "Jane Doer". Or at least I think I have...

I can use Voice Command and say "Call Jane Doer", pulls up Jane Doer - mobile AND Jane Doer - home (with numbers displayed) and then I tap the one I want to dial...no problem.

I can go in the Dialer and select recent calls and calls to Jane Doer are there and I can touch the icons and have the choice to call or sms Jane.

But....JANE DOER IS NOT IN MY "CONTACTS"!!!!

This is insane. I have all the sync checkboxes checked. I have searched the forums here and elsewhere. WHAT IS UP???

Sorry for screaming but this blows and I really want to fix it.

Btw, I have no social networking enabled, 2 gmail accounts and one of those linked to Picasa--that's it.

Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

Contact well, all.

David

Advertisement

2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Assistant Manager for Verizon Wireless
    NJ
    Do you use backup assistant? Did you ever have a social networking site linked with your phone? Did her contact somehow get linked with another persons contact?

3. DavidG

DavidG Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I had the same problem. Turns out I had somehow "linked" two contacts, and the Missing contact ( call her "M") had been organized now under a Business contact (call him "B").

I discovered this by dialing the phone number for "M" and it showed up in the dialer as if I were calling "B".

So I went to contact B, clicked the menu button, and clicked on "unlink contact" and then it basically asks, "who do you want to unlink from contact B". I click "contact M" and now she's her own separate contact.

Don't know if that's the problem you're having or not, but maybe that'll help.

David