1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts icons being saved where?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by zdfda, Dec 15, 2011.

1. zdfda

zdfda Lurker
    Dec 14, 2011

Dec 14, 2011
    Greetings, just got my first android a month ago and it's great. It's an Optimus Slider with Virgin Mobile. I think the OS distro it's using it's referred to as "Gingerbread".

On with it: I copied photos from my laptop to the SD card, in a new directory. The native "Gallery" app found them automatically in my newly created directory; cheers. Through the native "Contacts" app, I made cropping selections to some of the photos I copied onto my SD card, and set them up as contact icons. Then, I erased my photos, intentionally. Going back to the native Contacts app, I see that the same cropped thumbnails are still in use.

Obviously, the OS is storing these cropped selections in a separate location or image cache, and I'd like them gone. Specifically, I'd like to delete or erase the image that is the cropped selection from my phone, not merely make it disappear from the Contacts list. I have always had all of my online google/facebook/email, etc., syncing disabled so that redundant overlapping is minimized. Resetting the icon (through the native Contacts app) to "Remove Icon" on an individual-entry basis is not an efficient option, and probably only resets the icon's target value to null rather than erases the cropped source icon, anyway. I suppose I could erase the Contacts Storage cache and data, but I'm worried that doing so would additionally erase the phone numbers - is this the case with this course of action?

I don't mind cleaning the icons out in ASTRO, but is anyone aware of where these icons are stored or cached, to begin with?

I tried several free cache cleaning apps, but they all fail to wipe the Contacts icons.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!