1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Contacts in Favorites widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by megapixle, Oct 19, 2010.

1. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    I have one GMail account synced to my EVO. When I open up 'People' all my contacts I added through GMail are there. Looks great.

However, when I go to the Favorites widget and click + to add a contact to the widget, I get a list of pretty much everyone I've ever sent an email to through my GMail account. I only want my real contacts to show up there, I don't need the dude listed there that I sold my blender to on Craigslist from 5 years ago.

Solutions?

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    open app drawer "phone" menu view...there should be a setting in there somewhere that you can uncheck show auto gmail

i am pretty sure that is how I got rid of all of those

3. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    hmmm don't see anything there

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    On mine I open the shortcut app phone with the roladex card then press menu then press view and it is there. Are all of your apps up to date? Ie there was a new gmail released in the market last month.

5. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Okay I found the setting you're talking about but it didn't have any effect on the favorites widget.

6. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    All these names & email addresses also show up in 'People' app when I try to add contacts to a group. I have literally hundreds of entries there from anybody I've ever sent an email to. Maybe there's a setting in GMail somewhere to get rid of them?

7. megapixle

megapixle Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    aha found it. Apparantly GMail automatically adds a new contact when you send / receive an email from somebody. These were all stored in 'Other Contacts' in my GMail account. I whacked them from GMail and they disappeared from the lists.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    I am really hoping that gmail eventually gives us an option to disable that someday. All the other mail services I have used allow of/on of that feature

Tags: