• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts in hangouts?

chattygirl

May 17, 2010
Could someone please help me. All contacts on my nexus 4 are Google contacts..but since the update where hangouts is now the default SMS app.....some contacts don't display the mobile number so can't send them a text...?

I've gone into the people app and made sure that the mobile numbers are the default numbers but still can't see them within hangouts....

Which setting haven't I configured correctly?

Thank you in advance

This may or may not be the answer you are looking for - I found recently that I had 4 different contacts for my sister, one of which had her mobile number. I went in to one of the contacts in the people app and hit the three dots in the top right, selected "Edit", hit the three dots again, and join... from there it let me join all the contacts... Hangouts then let me send SMS messages to my sister :)

Upvote 0
I don't believe my issue is down to multiple contact entries?

For example:- I have one contact called freddie
Freddie home no: is 123456
Freddie mobile no: is 987654 (this number is ticked as the default number)

Within hangouts Freddie is only displaying home no: 123456

I want to send a text message to his mobile number that is not even diaplayed?

Its obviously me being blonde I'm sure....but can not figure this out lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones