• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts in HTC DESIRE

shaked.bar

Lurker
Dec 5, 2010
Hi,
I'm a new user to Android.
Just got my HTC Desire a couple of days ago, and I was wondering:
after I was finished with the initial setup for the phone, it asked for my facebook account details. some of my facebook friends published their phone no.
because of that, the Desire, synced these friends, and added them to my contact list. Is there a possibility to ignore a couple of these friends, so that they won't appear on my contact list. e.g. some of them aren't my phone talking buddies....
would appreciate any kind of help
Thanks ahead,
Shaked

yes and no, in recent contacts, call log, or perhaps when using an app like hancent, you will see everyone, but if you want, make the people app a main app to use, and go into that. in there are settings to filter.

What you could do, is make your phone contacts and some of your facebook contacts as just gmail contacts, then afterward set the filter to show just gmail contacts. it's a bit lengthy but it would work.

Upvote 0
slight thread hi-jack, but is there a way to edit the numbers of facebook contacts..?

alot of my texts get bounced back in handcent as the person hasn't added a + at the start of their number on FB profile.

obviously i could message the people who've done it wrong, but i have about 50 people with this error in my friends list...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones