• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts In phone list

Pakman

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
Sorry if this question has already been answered but i have one little gripe with my phone. When i go to make a call and press the phone button i get a duplicate of all my phone numbers..ie sim and phone when i scroll thru the phone numbers , I dont want to delete the numbers off my sim and i have set the view to phone only.. can anyone tell me how i can get rid of this? thanks

Also why is my phone list showing 160 contacts when i go into the people app and view when i only have 80 in my sim..i only copied my sim to phone so have i somewhere duplicated them?

Thanks!

The easy way deleting the SIM contacts on the DHD:

> People > Menu button > View > Untag all, only tag SIM > Done > Menu button > Delete > Menu button > Select all > Delete (xxx) ... voila :)

Harry

That'll explain why I didn't manage it the day I got my phone (first Android phone after many years of Nokia!). Didn't read the manual well enough .... :eek: As the spare phone was nearby I just swapped the SIM over ...

Ta for info. though.

Dave

Upvote 0
That'll explain why I didn't manage it the day I got my phone (first Android phone after many years of Nokia!). Didn't read the manual well enough .... :eek: As the spare phone was nearby I just swapped the SIM over ...

Ta for info. though.

Dave

You're welcome :)
And I think the trick to delete all SIM contacts at once can't to be found in the manual at all ;)

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones