• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts issue

I wasnt sure if you just have the SIM or its still in your old phone...

but if its still in an old phone this may help...

have a look in here
Google Sync services

specifically I used
Device Set Up Instructions : Nokia N-Series or E-Series (Symbian S60 3rd Edition) - Mobile Help

to get my N95 8GB contacts into googlemail. Very easy. Just remember to backup your phone with NSS first just in case.

If not and you just have a SIM then i'm sure there's an import contacts from SIM->Phone option in the galaxy/android somewhere

John

Upvote 0
you still cant sync with nps KAM

as for csc, h8 and i5 come as a one package rather than indevidual tars so all you do is use 7zip or jzip and delete the csc from the tar file rather than re pack it then flash

works a treat, doesnt give you any provider specific stuff although it will make it impossible to upgrade over nps unless you flash back to a csc version

Upvote 0
Wow, i didnt realise that. I just assumed because the update worked it recognises it now. I didnt actually try syncing because i would have ended up with double contacts.

I prefer to make seperate tars myself. You just need to specify gnu tar format when you tar them up.

You can do the same for any NPS firmware file.

The advantage is that it will wipe by itself - you don't need to do a factory reset afterwards, and also you can skip the bootloader which is less risky.

Upvote 0
Its because they only just came out on O2, and recent phones were shipped with I4. I4 was never offered as an update.

From what i remember:

FF - Initial build that most were shipped with
G8 - The first update offered through NPS
H2 - A firmware version that was found on a russian site
H4 - The second update offered through NPS - O2 uk phones shipped with this
H7 - Another firmware found on the net (I think it came from a russian update)
I4 - Newer O2 UK phones shipped with this
I5 - The third update offered through NPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones