• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Issue

altimuh

Jun 11, 2010
First off, totally stock phone.

When setting up my GMail account for all my contacts, I was super anal! Everything appears to be sorted perfectly for first/last. However when I synced them to my phone the following happens (example Smith is the last name for both)

J
John Smith

S
Smith Betty

Why does one contact go by the last name, and the other goes by the first? I wish it was all the same!!! It would appear that my contacts were not entered correctly, but Smith is the last, and John or Betty is first. In my GMail - everything is awesome, yet once it goes on to the epic, it's all frigged up!

Why!?!?!?!

I don't see that problem. If I saw 'Smith Betty',' it would indicate that I entered her name incorrectly.

yeah, but it's not consistent. Either it should be last name first, or first name first... half my contacts are one way, and half are the other way. (so if i'm looking for a person in a family, i'll type in the letter of their last name... maybe two out of five will come up... other ones are sorted by the first name....

i wouldn't mind if it was consistent - and i've checked my contacts repeatedly in gmail to see if anythings funky - and it's all fine. they're all entered correctly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones