1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Contacts list Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nated7536, Dec 23, 2009.

1. nated7536

nated7536 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    I am somewhat frustrated by the way the contacts list is set up on the Moto Droid. I hate that the contacts list is set up in 3 ways. The "Call log" the "Contacts List" and the "Favorites"....Does anyone else have the problem that when they make someone a Favorite or make a call, the contact either locates itself in the call log or the favorite list and no longer in the actual "contacts list"? I do have a select few people that are favorites, but trying to find a number in the call log is a pain....I know I can just search for it, but I dont see why the contact gets removed from the "contact list". Anyone know if there's an option I'm missing and how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. Heide264

Heide264 Member
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Go check out your contact list in gmail. If it was like mine which it seems, you will have a whole bunch of duplicate accounts. Merge them in gmail, and make sure to move them all over to "My contacts" instead of "All contacts". Think I finally got my contact list issue solved. I agree, for me the only real disappointment about this phone so far. On a good note, it forces me to finally organize an actual contact list instead of my normal mess.

3. nated7536

nated7536 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Woot ! So far it looks like that worked. My contacts list on my phone now shows ALL of my contacts instead of just the ones with email or facebook. Thanks a ton for the help Heide :)

4. Heide264

Heide264 Member
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    No worries, don't forget to back them up once you get them how you want them =)