1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Contacts list problems.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chrushev, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Chrushev

Chrushev Lurker

Hello, my CEO is having a ton of contacts problems on his Droid Pro, and I am unable to figure out whats going on.

The phone is set up to sync with Exchange (i.e Outlook) contacts. He does have facebook installed.

Whats happening is when he searches for a contact a TON of contacts come up that arent in outlook or anything like that... and we have NO idea where its pulling them from. None of these people are his friends on facebook or anywhere, he has no idea who they are.

For example if he puts in his first.last name in contacts. It will bring him up at the very bottom of the list. but it will also bring up 50 other people who's names are the same but @email address are weird other emails.

None of these are in outlook. Its set to sync contacts only from outlook. It does pull pictures for contacts from facebook though.

Anyone have any idea how to make it so that it ONLY pulls contacts from outlook? Or anyone have any idea where its pulling all these other contacts from?

He doesnt have gmail or any other email accounts on there.

Advertisement

2. Lucky Eddie

Lucky Eddie Newbie

Try going to Settings>Search>Searchable Items. Then deselect everything except contacts. That fixed the problem for me.

3. cristacurtis

cristacurtis Lurker

My contacts are joining together from linked in and facebook (as they should), and my main addressbook is in gmail. I created a contact that joined with the linked in but it didn't sync into my g-mail account. So, when i look at my contacts on the phone it is in there but it is not in my g-mail account. It did not ask where i wanted to store it, but I don't understand where her phone number is syncing to if not into g-mail, and its obviously not being added to HER linked-in account. I'm confused. Now I am worried that there are other contacts I have added but not designated to make sure they sync to google and I'm worried I may lose them all together. Does any of this make sense?