1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Contacts list seems laggy?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kyzersozai, Dec 2, 2009.

1. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Hi everyone, I have a Hero purchased 2 weeks ago and have a small gripe/query. The phone itself rocks and am pretty impressed with it, however when I click the people shortcut and go to flick thru my contacts, the list doesn't flow like it should. I only have just over 30 contacts in there so it's not a huge list by any stretch of the mind. When I give the screen a "big flick" as it were to provide a continuous scroll from top to bottom, the list sticks momentarily and judders a bit. Anyone else have this problem? If so does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried a reset etc and killed apps and all that jazz and still it does it. I have no such problems anywhere else though.

Your help is always appreciated......thank you.

Advertisement

2. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Mine judders if it's currently doing a sync with facebook or google contacts. My (work) hero with facebook and google sync disabled is fine and smooth.

3. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Cheers PaulC. How do you disable the facebook sync and google sync mate?

4. lekky

lekky Lover

disable facebook by:

contacts > updates and events > click menu > select data connection settings > untick update notifications automatically

disable google contact sync:

settings > data synchronisation > google > untick contacts

5. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I think that just disables the notifications?
    I just haven't signed in to a facebook account on that phone - so it isn't picking up contact photos and status updates for people. I guess just not linking people to their facebook accounts would do the same job :)

6. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Thanks guys. I don't want to lose any of my features etc. I like the idea of havin my contacts synced with FB, not so bothered about google like. I love the phone and am not experiencing any lags like this anywhere else so it is slightly annoying. Maybe the highly anticipated update will fix?

Tags: